[b-greek] Question about Phil 1:7

From: Christian Cryder (christianc@granitepeaks.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 00:28:35 EST

Hi, I have a question about the phrase in Phil 1:7 -- DIA TO EXEIN ME EN TH
KARDIA HUMAS

Specifically, I am wondering why ME and HUMAS are _both_ sing. acc? I know
most versions trasnalate this to the effect of "because I have you in my
heart", but in this case I would expect to ME in its genitive form TOU MOU.
Given the fact that both both ME and HUMAS are the same case, what is basis
for preferring "I have you in my heart" over and above "you have me in your
heart"? I'm just wondering if someone can shed some light on this for me.

Thanks much,
Christian
Christian Cryder
Application Architect, Barracuda