[b-greek] Re: Phil 1.7

From: Revd Dr Sean F. Winter (Sean.Winter@Virgin.Net)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 04:22:44 EST

For a further discussion of this construction you may like to look at
Jeffrey Reed's "The Infinitive with Two Substantial Accusatives: An
Ambiguous Construction?", NovT 33 (1991), 1-27

When writing a thesis on Philippians this article persuaded me that the
clause refers to Paul's holding the Philippians in his heart, which was a
shame because it would have strengthened my own argument if it had been the
other way round!

--
REVD DR SEAN F. WINTER
Northern Baptist College,

0161 249 2534 (Personal Line + Voicemail)
0161 224 6404 (Luther King House Reception)
0161 248 9201 (Luther King House Fax)

sean.winter@lkh.co.uk
sean.winter@virgin.net