[b-greek] Re: Machen's tedious explanation for accenting

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Wed Feb 07 2001 - 10:07:44 EST

<x-flowed>
At 03:48 07/02/01, you wrote:

>Thanks!!!! (Have only been involved for a few weeks, man I hope I can see
>some light pretty soon!)

Matthew:
I see you have already been given some good advice about steering clear of
the accentuation question. <g>

But Donald J. Mastronarde, the author of Introducution to Attic Greek.
Berkeley, CA: Univ. of California Press, 1993, has put a number of
interactive tutorials (and practice) for pronunciation, and accentuation on
his home page:
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ancgreek/

or, for the pronunciation feature, go directly to:
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~ancgreek/accentuation_top.html

There is a reasonably priced book ( Paperback; @ $9.59 a couple of years ago ):
  "A Student's Manual of New Testament Greek Accents" D. A. Carson;

Regards
Maurice

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie