[b-greek] Re: pistis + noun(genitive)

From: Iver Larsen (alice-iver_larsen@wycliffe.org)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 04:37:00 EST

> Concerning this statement:
>
> >I used to think that the Mark 11:22 passage with the genitive could mean
> >"faith
> >of God", because some preachers said that.
>

> If God does "have" faith, what does HE have faith in?
>
> However, if this means God is faithful, then I have no question.
>
> Mark Wilson

I see what you are saying. I was not thinking of God having faith (that would be
subjective genitive). Rather, I was thinking of the genitive of source as one
option. "Have faith of God" could possibly mean something like: Have the faith
(in God) that comes from God or is inspired by God in you. The "faithfulness of
God" option is ruled out in Mark 11:22 by the context. For the "love of God"
phrase, I believe the genitive of source is a valid option is several places.

Iver Larsen