[b-greek] Re: Grammar

From: Dave Washburn (dwashbur@nyx.net)
Date: Mon Feb 26 2001 - 16:14:00 EST

I found Machen incomprehensible, Summers artificial. For
beginners I now recommend one of two books, depending on the
person's level of fluency in Scholarese:

For those who are fairly fluent in Scholarese there's Ward Powers,
"Learn to Read the Greek New Testament." I think this one is still
in print; it was distributed by Zondervan.

For those who think Scholarese isn't even a real word, I like Ian
Macnair, "Teach Yourself New Testament Greek" published by
Nelson. It's easy to follow and makes the language interesting and
covers most everything that a first-year grammar should. Because
of its design it's not very good as a reference grammar, but that's
not what it was intended for, either.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
violated." C. S. Lewis