[b-greek] Re: theos and ho theos'

From: One of the McKays (musicke@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 19:29:41 EST

> In harmony with the above, AT reads: "the Word was divine"; MO, "the Logos
> was divine". NTIV, "the word was a god."

G'day Melinda
Could you tell us which versions AT, MO and NTIV represent please? I am
guessing MO may be Moffat, but am scratching my head over the others.

While a few translations render the verse in this way, the overwhelming
majority of versions have rendered it "the word was God."

What reasons does McKenzie give for translating it 'the word was with the
God[= the Father], and the word was a divine being?'

David McKay
musicke@ozemail.com.au