[b-greek] Re: BDAG on Christ as "a god" (was theos and ho theos)

From: Paul Schmehl (p.l.schmehl@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 21:39:58 EST

I think it's much more likely that the QEOS in KAI QEOS hEN hO LOGOS is an
anarthrous predicate nominative that describes what LOGOS is. It should
probably be translated "divine" as AT and MO have translated it or "godly"
or some similar adjectival description. I don't think "a god" would be
impossible, but I think it's much less likely.

Paul Schmehl
(old) baldeagl@airmail.net
(new) p.l.schmehl@worldnet.att.net

Please add my new address to your addressbook.