[b-greek] Re: theos and ho theos'

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 22:17:41 EST

In a message dated 03/01/2001 11:38:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
a_b_thomas@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 I think Charles is quite right to question the
 conclusion of the PN in the paragraph immediately
 preceding this one, but this paragraph does make an
 important observation (G-gods). >>

Charles' conclusion was merely the affirmation that the conclusion of others'
was/is correct. When specific grammatical evidence is introduced, then a
grammatical discussion can proceed. Until such time, we are simply adding
"voices" to one side or the other.

<< The introduction of a non-Johannine concept as "a god"
 in relation to the LOGOS can only be supported in a
 theological construct. >>

That one could consider the concept non-Johannine in light of John 1:18,
20:17, and a host of other Johannine texts is something I would say is the
result of a particular theological construct. But just as there was no value
in introducing such thoughts in the first place, there is no value in my
continuing this type of theological back-and-forth beyond giving my simple
objections this one and final time.

Of course, off-list discussions of Johannine theology are always welcome...

Best regards,

Greg Stafford