[b-greek] Re: EGW EIMI in Isaiah 47:8,10

From: Jim West (jwest@highland.net)
Date: Mon Mar 12 2001 - 13:56:59 EST

At 01:47 PM 3/12/01 -0500, you wrote:
>One important point to recollect is that the LXX was not to be translated
>for about 500 years after Isaiah was written. So we must guard against
>anachronisms.
>
>Sincerely,
>Wes Williams

Which part of Isaiah predates roughly 700 BCE? If i recall, the oldest
copies in Greek from the area of the Dead Sea date to the second century
BCE. Third Isaiah was composed sometime after the exile-- roughly 450 BCE.
Second Isaiah was perhaps composed a century earlier... and first Isaiah
(1-39) was most likely compiled around 590 or so...

best

jim

Jim West, ThD

Home Page: