[b-greek] Mathew 8:19

From: Sam Johnson (jfamily5@prodigy.net)
Date: Tue Apr 03 2001 - 21:42:21 EDT

Thanks to everyone who gave me their input on this a couple of weeks ago
but I have one more question.

The scribe in Math 8:19 AKOLOUTHNSW SOI OPOU EAV APERXN
Since this ia a 3rd Class Condition how much doubt is there in what he
says to Jesus?
Dana & Mantey in reference to 3rd class Condition (specifically EAN)write
" Its very presence in a sentence indicates lack of certainty on the part
of the one using it. It warns us not to take at face value what the other
words may imply. If we but remember that this word whch implies
uncertainty is used with moods for uncertainty, we are far advanced in a
proper understanding of it"

Sam Johnson