[b-greek] Luke 13:35 variant hHCHi

From: Suedaleg@aol.com
Date: Thu Apr 05 2001 - 03:07:57 EDT

Hello.

I have a question on a phrase in Luke 13:35. The "majority" text reads LEGW
DE hOTI OU ME IDHTE hEWS AN hHCHi hOTE EIPHTE, ...

I am trying to nail down how to translate hHCHi. I believe it is aorist
subjunctive hHKW "to come" but I'm not sure how to best fit it into the
English sentance.

The NIV seems to be based on a text that does not contain this, which by the
notes I am reading seems to be the generally accepted text. The NKJ however
has "until the time comes when you say . . ." inserting "the time". Should
I accept this addition or is there a better way to say it. I'm tempted to
say something like "until it happens that you say" Is this a common
construction?

Thanks for any input

Dale Greenlee