[b-greek] NT Greek on-line/CD-ROM Audio Course

From: Michael Haggett (michaelhaggett@lineone.net)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 10:14:02 EDT

Carl and Carlton have kindly given me permission to make this post.

You all might be interested to know that I have spent the last few years
producing a new sort of NT Greek course ... and it now finished. It is not a
book with an add-on CD or tape, but an integrated, interactive, audio/visual
course.

1. All Greek can be heard as well as seen
You just have to click!

2. All examples are taken from the New Testament
I don't rely on artificially constructed sentences, but illustrate every
point with actual examples from the NT. There are a LOT of examples!

3. You use both sides of your brain
Different people learn in different ways. So I approach Greek from two
directions. Some very familiar complete Scripture passages provide a way of
learning intuitively.
However each part of speech (and all its different forms) is also dealt with
in a systematic, analytical way. The middle is played from BOTH ends!

4. It can also be used as a reference tool
For those of you who already know some Greek all the information about, say,
third declension nouns, or adverbs, or the perfect tense, can be found in
one place rather than scattered around.
There is also a separate Reference Section which contains, for example, full
tables of all the "model" verbs (LU-W, FILE-W, TIMA-W, DHLO-W, EIMI, GINOMAI
and the -MI verbs) ... which you can hear as well as see ... a fairly
extensive basic lexicon, and even a Grammar Supplement so you can refresh
your memory about the basics of how words are put together in both Greek and
English before you start.

----

I think this course will be particularly helpful to those of you who are
learning Greek on your own because it is difficult to associate sounds with
the written form of the words without a "model" to work from - the sort of
the model a teacher would provide in a class situation. You will learn
faster if you use your ears as well as your eyes.

I've put a particular emphasis on the sound of Greek because many of the
difficulties and seeming irregularities we've all encountered can best be
understood by the Greek desire to avoid awkward-sounding juxtapositions. The
irregularities make more sense when spoken rather than just written!

----

Interested? Then please try it out for yourselves at www.ntgreek.com

I also have a US-based mirror site at www.nt-greek.com
which might be a little faster some of you.

The initial sections are freely available on-line, but the full course is
only available as a CD-ROM. You can also access the complete text of the
Greek NT from these links.

Thank you for bearing with a little salesmanship ;-)

Michael Haggett
London