[b-greek] Re: Eph 5,31

From: Roseann (roseann@intellisys.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 09:10:16 EDT

Hello B-Greekers,

I'm needing to know the Greek tense (if that would answer my question).

In John 3:3-5 when Jesus said you must be born of the water (and the spirit)
what is the "water" referring to? Some say the amniotic fluid of the
physical birth - others of us say it refers to water baptism which is
accompanied by the Holy Spirit.
Is the grammatical construction of that sentence referring back (past tense)
to a physical birth of those to whom he spoke, or to a future event
(baptism) involving two elements?

I'd appreciate any help you might render.
Roseann Ekman