[b-greek] Re: Grammars, Who Needs them?

From: Numberup@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 18:07:15 EDT

But the English word "should," which derives from an Old English term that meant "was
obliged to; ought to," also expresses obligation.

And I thought that an expression like Jakobson's "traddutore traditore" ("the
translator is a traitor [to the original]") applied generally, not just to literal
translations.

Solomon Landers