[b-greek] II Timothy 1:12,14-PARAQHKH

From: lance w seevers (lws39@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 12:08:52 EDT

12-DI HN AITIAN KAI TAUTA PASCW ALL OUK EPAISCUNOMAI OIDA GAR W
PEPISTEUKA KAI PEPEISMAI OTI DUNATOS ESTIN THN PARAQHKHN MOU FULAKSAI(?)
EIS EKEINHN THN HMERAN
14-THN KAKHN PARAQHKHN FULAKSON(?) DIA PNEUMATOS AGIOU TOU ENOIKOUNTOS EV
HMIN

Pardon my transcription of FULASSW. That one letter escapes me.

My question relates to the translation of PARAQHKH found in the KJV and
NASB. Is there a textual variant here that Nestles doesn't give? The
translation runs-"because he is able to keep that which I have committed
unto him"(12) and "guard that which has been entrusted to you"(14). What
is the origin/basis of this translation?

Permit me one more question. I went to the b-greek archive and tried to
access sunsite but it came up empty-no page found. Did I miss something?

Thanks.
walt seevers
missoula, montana