[b-greek] Re: Phil. 2:10 Subjunctive=certainty or uncertainty?

From: Harry W. Jones (hjbluebird@aol.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 00:03:24 EDT

Dear B-Greekers,

I appreciate all the input to my Phil. 2:10 post and now I think
we can say for sure that the Subjunctive mood is a mood of
uncertainty! But it seems to me that some grammers try and have their
cake and eat it too. Like for example Wallace in "Beyoud the Basics".
On page 461 he seems to completely contradict himself by calling the
subjunctive mood uncertain but probable and then saying that the
subjunctive mood isn't a mood of uncertainty! In any case I appreciate
all the input on my post.

Sincerely,
hjbluebird@aol.com