[b-greek] Re: John 5:18b (revised)

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 07:37:44 EDT

In the message I sent a few minutes ago, I now realize that I never did
clearly answer the chief question: I DON'T think that readers should assume
that what's cited in the hOTI clause is believed by the writer himself to
be true; he's simply reporting or telling what he thinks the reasoning
behind their action was.