Re: [b-greek] Re: Greek Sentence Structure

From: Jonathan Robie (Jonathan.Robie@SoftwareAG-USA.com)
Date: Thu Jul 26 2001 - 15:25:18 EDT

At 11:24 AM 7/26/2001 -0400, Randy Leedy wrote:<br><br>
lies in the insistence that something undefinable doesn't exist? </blockquote><br>
More precisely, in any system that is based on a model, whatever is undefinable is outside the model. I believe that God exists, but I can not build a computational model of God.<br><br>
A computational linguist may have difficulty building a formal model of a sentence, whether or not that linguist believes that sentences exist.<br><br>
lines, shapes, colors, textures, etc. that qualifies one piece of<br>
treated canvas as art, and the absence of which disqualifies another?<br>
Will we then say that because our best attempts at defining art fall<br>
short of objective infallibility art does not exist?</blockquote><br>
Somehow, this reminds me of:<br><br>
I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I understand to be embraced with that shorthand description. ... But I know it when I see it.<br>
Cheers,<br><br>
Jonathan<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Jonathan Robie<br>
jwrobie@mindspring.com<br><br>
&quot;I'm no authority on biblical languages, but I run some authoritative mailing lists...&quot;<br>
B-Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek)<br>
B-Hebrew (http://metalab.unc.edu/bhebrew)<br>
Little Greek (http://metalab.unc.edu/koine)<br>
Little Greek 101 (http://metalab.unc.edu/koine/greek/lessons)</html>