[b-greek] RE: Suggestion for learning Greek well

From: Trevor & Julie Peterson (06peterson@cua.edu)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 12:09:44 EDT

I don't see how it could hurt, but I suspect that its usefulness would vary
in direct proportion to one's familiarity with reading Greek. Another angle
(for those who know Hebrew) would be to take a crack at creating your own
Greek translation from Hebrew and comparing with the LXX. I bring it up not
because I've tried it, but because I've heard of it as a class exercise. I
have no idea how well it worked, though.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics