[b-greek] Re: Greek Septuagint

From: Dave Washburn (dwashbur@nyx.net)
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 14:19:39 EDT

> Where can I get a copy of the Septuagint for a reasonable price?

If you like to use your computer, I can highly recommend the
Logos Library System collection of books. Level 4 includes the
Hebrew OT, several editions of the Greek NT, an edition of the
Septuagint, the Latin, and more English translations than I'll ever
need. It also includes BAGD and Louw-Nida lexicons as well as
the LSJ intermediate lexicon and tons of other goodies. I have the
Brenton edition, but I virtually never use it because my Logos
edition is much more easily searchable. The best thing about it is
that you can add other books to it at will; they're available from
Logos' website and you can order and unlock them right there
online. The amount of expansion possible seems to be limited
only by the size of your hard drive. For example, they just added
the entire 10 volume Kittel TDNT to their list. The initial $$$ outlay
is a tad pricey, but it will literally serve you for the rest of your life.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"You just keep thinking, Butch. That's what you're good at."