[b-greek] Re: functions of hws

From: GregStffrd@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 04 2001 - 23:18:00 EDT

In a message dated 08/04/2001 7:47:13 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DAGO_GARCIA@prodigy.net writes:

<< I know that "hws" has many functions. Recently I have been running into
 "hws" more than I
 would like to. Has anyone compiled a cheat-sheet for all the functions of
 hws,
 and if it's not too much trouble I would like to acquire a copy? >>

The three uses that I most frequently run across are:

Comparative particle - "like"
Conjunction - "so that"
Temporal conjunction - "when"

I took a look at the new BAGD to see what they listed. They outline numerous
other
uses that can easily be put into some "cheat sheet" form.

Best regards,

Greg Stafford