[b-greek] John 1:12,13 and the Sequence of action between the verb tenses

From: HJBLUEBIRD@aol.com
Date: Sun Aug 12 2001 - 13:14:19 EDT

<x-html>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Dear B-Greekers,
<BR>
<BR>I'm interested in the verb sequence in the following passage. It looks to me
<BR>like the sequence is,
<BR>(ELABON and PISTEUOUSIN) then EDWKEN then (EXOUSIAN and GENESQAI) &nbsp;then
<BR>EGENNHQHSAN but what say ye?
<BR>
<BR>hOSOI DE ELABON AUTON, EDWKEN AUTOIS EXOUSIAN TEKNA QEOU GENESQAI, TOIS
<BR>PISTEUOUSIN EIS TO ONOMA AUTOU, hOI OUK EX hAIMATWN OUDE EK QELHMATOS
<BR>SARKOS OUDE EK QELHMATOS ANDROS ALL' EK QEOU EGENNHQHSAN.
<BR>
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Harry Jones</FONT>
---<BR>
B-Greek home page: http://metalab.unc.edu/bgreek>
You are currently subscribed to b-greek as: [
jwrobie@mindspring.com]<BR>