[b-greek] Re: 1Cor 16:3

From: Iver Larsen (iver_larsen@sil.org)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 05:41:18 EDT

Excuse me for jumping in here.

What about the option of "attendant circumstance" which is BDAG A III 1 c
for DIA? They cite another instance like
2 Cor 2:4 EGRAYA hUMIN DIA POLLWN DAKRUWN

Writing with tears is quite different from writing with ink. It seems to me
that Paul wants to send these people with the money accompanied by letters
that explain where they come from and probably include the amount being sent
to avoid any temptation.

Iver Larsen