[b-greek] Re: Preposition Proposition Revisited

From: Mark Wilson (emory2oo2@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 14:28:41 EDT

<x-flowed>

Matt:

Your original question read:

---
Would someone be so kind as to give me a summary of all of the general
uses of the preposition EIS, including the different cases of nouns
governed?
----

Words in this question that got my attention were: summary, all,
general uses, and including.

I really do not know how someone could answer this kind
of question, without spending the better part of a week
pulling together research notes that they have accumulated
over the years.

I really do think that most on this list would like to help
you, but questions that really do not have some kind of
fence around them are just plain hard and time-consuming
to answer.

For example, Matt...

Could you SUMMARIZE ALL the GERNEAL USES of the definite article,
INCLUDING its uses and functions within the GSharp and Colwell rules?

I am not trying to belittle you; I am trying to suggest that
you limit the scope of your questions. Was there a specific
issue related to EIS that concerned you?

Hope this helps

Mark Wilson