[b-greek] Re: Matt 26:50

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 15:05:33 EDT

OK, I did read that in your original post, and I've also looked at BDAG (I
assumed you were citing the older BAGD) which doesn't add much. Yes, there
are some who think a question was implicit. I can't agree, of course, "that
it's the least problematic from a contextual point of view." In fact, what
I find particularly disturbing about it is that your interpretation of the
context seems to me to be dictating not so much what the Greek actually
says as what you think it OUGHT to say. Nevertheless, I have no business
being dogmatic about this, especially as any resolution of the problem must
be speculative rather than unquestionable.