[b-greek] Re: Luke 18:11 -- reading BDAG

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 06:30:54 EDT

MEA CULPA, MEA CULPA ... I confess that I WASN'T looking at "subsense g"
because I went no further than the entries under "subsense a", which seemed
to me quite sufficient to cover the real possibilities in this instance and
it seemed to me that the items I cited were more relevant to Lk 18:11. I
still believe that's the case, but I should have read further and paid
attention to that "circled g". Yet with regard to that "circled g" I would
question whether PROS hEAUTOUS (which Danker rightly understands as "to
themselves" properly belongs in a category described as "by, at, near"--I
do think that what's relevant to that phrase has already been stated in
"circled a" back on page 874.