[b-greek] RE: Chiasmus and cultural history (was: "Luke 18:11 -- Iver Larsen's suggestion")

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2001 - 11:27:07 EDT

I don't know if anyone else is paying attention to this any longer, but I
would advise Steven and George, IF they wish to continue this discussion,
they do so OFF-LIST. It's getting off into the marginal (and in my view,
fuzzy) edges of hermeneutics, and it certainly isn't a proper topic for
discussion here. Let me be clear: I'm not at all saying we have no business
discussing whether a particular GREEK Biblical text displays demonstrable
"chiasmus"; what I'm saying rather is that this isn't the proper place to
discuss hermeneutical methodology.