[b-greek] RE: Beginner's Question

From: Trevor & Julie Peterson (06peterson@cua.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2001 - 06:25:00 EDT

Which versions have you consulted? You're reading the Greek correctly, as
are the versions. The difference is the Greek text you're looking at.
While the majority of Greek manuscripts read ME, a few read hHMAS, and some
others read SE. Those that read SE happen to be viewed by a lot of
(probably most) textual scholars as more reliable for various reasons. It's
also the reading that could most easily explain the other two. Anyway, I
don't want to get too deeply into the reasons for the decisions at this
point; let it suffice to say that the Greek text underlying the KJV and NKJV
probably read ME.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics