[b-greek] Re: IOUDAIOUS TE KAI hELLHNAS (Rom 3:9)

From: George Athas (gathas@ausisp.com)
Date: Sun Oct 07 2001 - 08:31:50 EDT

Moon,

I think Denniston is close to the mark, though his translations are perhaps a little too
stark. He is on the right track in terms of the distinctive quality of the expression, but
I don't think it's quite as strong as he translates.

Contextually, in Romans, I think we need to go for the "not only Jews, but also the
Greeks" reading. I wouldn't put it quite as starkly, but I think it's a valid
interpretation.

Best regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
(Sydney, Australia)