[b-greek] Re: Greek Font?

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Sat Oct 27 2001 - 19:38:08 EDT

<x-flowed>
At 21:31 27/10/01, Glen L Naftaniel wrote:

>I am looking to find a nice looking Greek font that will allow me to type
>with breathing marks.

Glen:
You don't say whether you are looking for a Windows or a Mac font.
Fortunately, there is a nice Greek font called SPIonic, available on the
Society of Biblical Literature web-site.
This has become almost a de facto standard for papers published on various
web sites, so that if you have this on your HD disk you will be able to
read the various verse citations in such publications -- quite useful.

Go to: ftp://ftp.sbl-site2.org/fonts/
and choose either mac or windows sub-directory.
For SPIONIC you will find four files: the biggest is the plain,
uncompressed one, two are compressed ( gz and zip ) and the fourth is a
plain text readme file giving the keyboard mapping for each Greek character.

A feature of this font, BTW, is that breathing marks, accents, and other
diacriticals exist in two forms: one for use with narrow characters and one
for use with
wide characters.

Enjoy!

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[Bray, Ireland]
mauros@iol.ie

" With computers we can now misinterpret Scripture at speeds never before
possible"