[b-greek] Re: Gramcord

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 13:43:44 EST

> Your description of Accordance looks very much like the desciption of
> Gramcord for Windows. In the old days you had Gramcord for DOS, and you
> really needed to learn a kind of programming language to do searches. In
> those days I could really understand the statement that accordance alone
> would jusitfy a Mac. I have the impression that the Gramcord for windows we
> have now is very similar to Accordance.
>
> -- Greetings, Cees van Veelen, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Thank you Cees,

I suspected that Gramcord and Accordance had some things in common but
having never Gramcord could not make a comparison.

According to what you and Rod have said I suspect that this platform issue
is another urban myth and that one need not migrate across platforms to do
research in biblical languages. However, I do find it curious that Rod
subjects himself to the torture of having to use both platforms. (Back in
the late 80's I was having to use about five platforms and found it rather
annoying.)

Thanks for clarifying these issue once again. I live in a MAC ghetto and
never go outside the walls.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew