[b-greek] RE: Acts 13:32-33 the Prophet

From: C.A. (Kees) Langeveld (langeveld@solcon.nl)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 06:37:22 EST

In the Dutch translation (so called 'TELOS translation') used by me vers 32
has 'verwekt' (in English: generated, caused, brought forth) and vers 34 has
'opgewekt' (raised up (from de death)). So in Dutch we have two nice verbs
'verwekken' and 'opwekken' being used in my favorite translation to indicate
the different senses and I think that these two senses do apply here.

Kees Langeveld, Bennekom, Netherlands.