[b-greek] Gal. 4:13 hOTI DI'

From: Wayne Leman (wayne_leman@sil.org)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 16:45:22 EST

One of my coworkers is currently revising the translation of Galatians and
asked me yesterday to help him determine the meaning of hOTI DI' in Gal.
4:13. English versions are divided as to whether these particles indicate
the cause of Paul's preaching to them the first time or a circumstantial
condition of his preaching to them the first time. Do you all on this list
feel there is any way that we can tell from the Greek here which of these
semantic options is more likely?

Thanks,
Wayne
-----