[b-greek] Re: Gal. 4:13 hOTI DI'

From: Bryant J. Williams III (bjwvmw@com-pair.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 02:34:37 EST

Dear Wayne:

I lean toward the DIA + ACC = causal for the very same reasons that Clay,
Stephen and Carl have noted above. FWIW, I think that some of the answer
might be as to what happen in Pisidian Antioch, Iconium, Derbe and Lystra
in Acts 13-14. It seems the whole tenor of those chapters in which Paul and
Barnabas were persecuted, by unbelieving Jews and Gentiles (even to the
point of being stoned to death, nearly, for Paul), that the gospel spread
to the Gentiles. I might also add that Paul, was also a little put out with
John Mark leaving Barnabas and Paul in 13:13 when they reached Perga.

En Xpistw,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III