[b-greek] Re: Downloadable NT

From: Michael Haggett (michaelhaggett@onetel.net.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 08:22:20 EST

Wayne Leman wrote (22 Nov):

| The "NA26" download is labeled UBS3 when you receive it. It turns out to
be
| in transliterated Roman script rather than the Greek alphabet.

MH: If any of you are looking for an online (and copyable) critical text of
the NT in Greek characters, you can get it from my website at:

www.ntgreek.com

Because this uses Unicode encoding, you will be able to change the
downloaded text into any of the many Unicode fonts with extended Greek
character sets available. For example Windows now comes with Arial Unicode
and Palatino Linotype; Cardo and Georgia Greek are freely downloadable, and
the late, great Athena (although it still works) is soon to be revamped.
Vusillus, Code2000, Titus and Aisa are other alternatives. Details of all
these fonts are on Alan Wood's page at:

www.hclrss.demon.co.uk/unicode/fonts.html#greek

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you in America. For the rest of us, it's just
another workday.

Michael Haggett
London