[b-greek] Re: Thayer - Mt 4:10 - A concrete example.

From: Harry W. Jones (hjbluebird@aol.com)
Date: Sun Dec 23 2001 - 20:45:34 EST

Dear Carlton,Ted,Carl,Steven and All,

I believe that some on the list have completely misunderstood
what I've been pointing out by my questions. So I will try to explain
more clearly.

I simply asked if anyone knew of any of the main
definitions of Thayer that were incorrect. I was not talking about any
of Thayer's interpretations of bibical passages. That's a matter of
interpretation and not definition. I was not talking about any of Thayer's
notes that were related to interpretation. But notes related to definition
would be included of course. So I then posted my question. If I got no
response I would have to conclude that no one knew of any incorrect
definitions. But a number did respond but gave no examples of
incorrect definitions in Thayer.

I think that the results of my questions indicate very clearly that
Thayer is still very a good lexicon.

Best Regards and a Merry Xmas to All,
Harry Jones