[b-greek] Re: Phil 1:28 hHTIS

From: Iver Larsen (iver_larsen@sil.org)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 14:04:01 EST

From Carl:
> I want to check further on the other items in your response, but let me be
> clear first about this: are you intending to take the TOUTO of KAI TOUTO
> hUPO QEOU all the way back to PISTIS also? I would have thought it would
> refer to SWTHRIA and perhaps also to APWLEIA.

No, since TOUTO is neuter I would take this as referring to the whole idea
that APWLEIA is what awaits the opponents and that SWTHRIA is what awaits
the believers. This is part of the Gospel and it is all from the Lord. (I
made an error in the dim light, the texts says KAI TOUTO APO QEOU.)

Iver Larsen