[b-greek] Re: I did something wrong

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 15:49:21 EST

Although the question is really about one list-member's status, the answer
may be of more general interest, so I'm sending it to the list.

At 12:31 PM -0800 1/13/02, waldo slusher wrote:
>I must have responded to an email unbeknownst to me.
>All I receive now is b-translation emails, which
>I did not want to subscribe to. And I no longer am
>receiving b-greek emails, which I do want to subscribe
>to.
>
>How can I remedy this.

In the first place, send requests like this to a list administrator (I can
usually handle it right away) rather than to the entire mailing list.

In the present instance, I've taken care of this for you. Evidently your
settings indicated "nomail" for B-Greek. Now it's set at "mail: receive
messages as they are contributed."

If you're subscribed to b-translation and don't want to be, send an e-mail
to either of the list-administrators of that list, and I'm sure they'll
take care of it for you:

        "Wayne Leman" <wayne_leman@sil.org>
        Mike Sangrey <msangrey@BlueFeltHat.org>

The following items are from the not-quite-as-yet-promulgated B-Greek FAQ.

6. Who are the administrators of B-Greek?

The List-Owner: Jonathan Robie
http://sunsite.unc.edu/koine
jwrobie@mindspring.com

The Co-Chairs: Carl Conrad
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/
cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu

Carlton Winbery
http://www.lacollege.edu/academics/faculty/winbery.html
Clwinbery@aol.com OR winbery@lacollege.edu

Secondly, you can make the changes yourself:

18. How can I manage my list member account information?

1. Access the list's web-site at
<http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=b-greek&text_mode=0>
2. There you will need to enter your e-address and your password (IF you
have selected one, if not, leave it blank; if you wish to set one, you can
do so within the settings file).
3. On the menu presented you is an item entitled "Your Settings": open this
and make whatever modifications you choose; here you can choose whether to
receive list messages as they come to the list or in a daily digest or list
of topics discussed; here too one can suspend mailings for the duration of
an absence from one's e-mail server (choose "no mail").
4. Whatever choices you have made, be sure to save them before leaving the
site.