[b-greek] Greek Synopsis - J. B. Orchard?

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 02:20:29 EST

A few months ago the following title floated across my path and I snapped it
up since it looked like a curio and I have a weakness for curios:

TITLE: A Synopsis of the Four Gospels, in a New Translation
ISBN: 0865540241
Publisher: Mercer University Press
Publish Date: January 1982
Author: Bernard Orchard Binding: Hardcover

In the preface or intro to the book the author mentions a Greek edition of
it published by T&T Clark. I found it in the Harvard lib. but it doesn't
seem to be floating around for sale anywhere.

Have any of you used Orchard's Greek synopsis? I suspect that I can follow
what Orchard is doing using his English version, and a synopsis in the hand
is worth more than a title in the Harvard library.

Does the Greek version of Orchard's book have any compelling qualities that
might cause one to go to great lengths (and expense) to obtain a copy?

If you have a reply that might offend the sensitive clientele on b-greek
feel free to contact me off list.

Greetings,

Clay

--