[b-greek] I Cor. 7.15b

From: Marc McDermott (caelus@jps.net)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 15:23:05 EST

Hello, everyone. I have a question regarding 1 Corinthians 7.15, and yes,
I am asking because this passage is relevant to my own life. I need
guidance, and since I am not a Greek scholar, I must ask you. Here it is:
Can 1 Cor. 7.15b be construed as an imperative? In other words, can it be
translated as such: "Do not become enslaved in such matters, for God has
called us to peace"? Thanks for any help you can give me.

[Marc McDermott: New list-members please note that BG Protocol
requires a full-name signature to be appended to messages sent
to the list.]