[b-greek] 1 Jn 3:4 ANOMIA

From: Randall M. Tidmore (rmt@elp.rr.com)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 11:46:17 EST

I am working on a Greek/Spanish interlinear, currently of 1 John. As you
know, this is quite different from writing a translation. My question deals
with ANOMIA of 3:4. Since there is no equivalent in Spanish most of the
translations I have translate this as, "infringe the law."

However, I am not seeking a smooth translation that conveys the "idea of the
verse." I am looking for a suitable Spanish stand-alone-noun for my
interlinear. Since "law" has an aspect of "control," would the negated form
(Spanish "descontrol") be fair to the Greek?

Thanks in advance to any who wish to help me with this.

Randall M. Tidmore