[b-greek] Re: Attic and Homeric Greek vs. Koine

From: porson (porson@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 23:22:45 EST

Yes,

The differences are not minimal, but I still feel, based on practical
experience, that the transition from Homer to Attic is fairly easy and
trouble free. I've seen this over and over again in students coming out
of Jesuit High Schools. A good grounding in Homeric grammar along with
generous readings from the Odyssey have sent many a student sailing with
relative ease through Lysias, Demosthenes, etc.

I'm not saying this is the only way, but it is a good way with a rather
extensive track record.

Porson