[b-greek] Re: NA 26/27 sigla and symbols

From: Maurice A. O'Sullivan (mauros@iol.ie)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 14:03:12 EST

<x-flowed>
At 14:39 26/02/02, Rick Hubbard wrote:

>What is the proper nomenclature for the following sigla?

Part of the free download file for Apparatus Fonts ( see my previous
message ) is a .PDF file which lists the sigla.

I won't go through all the ones mentioned by Rick, but just the first three

>[A] The characters that identify "alternative readings" (i.e., the symbols
>that resemble the upper half of standard brackets, both the "single word"
>and "multiple word" variants)?

= signum word replace

>[B] The sign used to indicate an "insertion" (it resembles a stylized "T").

= signum insertion

>[C] The indicator of "omissions" (either a small circle or small square
>box )

The circle = signum word omission
and square = signum omission begin

P.S
There is also, for anyone needing the fullest set of such symbols, a font
which can be bought:
   LaserGreek in Unicode for Windows - OdysseaU
from the Linguist software site:
  http://www.linguistsoftware.com/_samples/lgkuodu.htm

Maurice A. O'Sullivan [ Bray, Ireland ]
mauros@iol.ie