[b-greek] Re: Matthew 28:19,20

From: Kevin Cauley (cauley@airmail.net)
Date: Sat Mar 02 2002 - 02:05:07 EST

I agree that BAPTIZONTES and DIDASKONTES is the way or means that
MAQHTEUSATE is carried out.

GRAMMATICALLY, does the BAPTIZONTES occur at the same time as the
DIDASKONTES? Or, GRAMMATICALLY, can it be said that the BAPTIZONTES occurs
1) prior to or 2) subsequent to the DIDASKONTES?

Does the action in the participle take its time from the lead verb? If they
do take their time from the lead verb, how can we GRAMMATICALLY say that one
occurs before the other?

Does that clarify my question a little?

Thanks,

Kevin Cauley