[b-greek] 1 Cor. 11:21

From: Rob Matlack (united_by_truth@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 19:36:51 EST

I Corinthians 11:21 from the Byzantine text:

hEKASTOS GAR TO IDION DEIPNON PROLAMBANEI EN TWi FAGEI ...

The articular infinitive with EN is temporal and is translate "for when the
time comes to eat..." in some translations. Others opt for something like
"for in eating..." Would it be correct to say that the infinitive in general
focuses on the act and in this passage the process of eating and how it is
done is what is in focus?

Rob Matlack united_by_truth@yahoo.com
Minneapolis, KS
"I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ
alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on
it's behalf."--Blaise Pascal