[b-greek] RE: question concerning dictionary entries

From: Trevor & Julie Peterson (06peterson@cua.edu)
Date: Sun Mar 10 2002 - 17:50:47 EST

The standard, at least for NT Greek, is to use the present, indicative,
first singular form for lexical entries and citations. The active form is
used, unless the word never appears in the active stem, in which case the
middle form is used. As far as I know, it is customary to use these forms if
you want to refer to the word without inflection; but again, I think that's
limited to NT Greek, or maybe biblical Greek in general. As I recall, LSJ
uses infinitives.

Trevor Peterson
CUA/Semitics