[b-greek] RE: Bible Software- Powerful Search Engine?

From: Rob Matlack (united_by_truth@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 13:05:11 EST

Moon,

I am sure that BibleWorks will do what you want. For example I easily set up
a search in the whole Greek Bible (OT & NT, one can search just the NT) for
any verb in the indicative any person, number, tense, voice followed by EPI
followed by a noun in any case, gender, number. (All of the "anys" could be
designated.) On my PIII 600 MHz computer the search took 122 seconds and
revealed 397 instances. One can also do mixed version searches, i.e. NRS,
Hebrew, and a choice of Greek texts, search to compare and contrast
different Greek texts, etc. It is a great program with unbelievable support.

Rob Matlack united_by_truth@yahoo.com
Minneapolis, KS
"I can only say that I am nothing but a poor sinner, trusting in Christ
alone for salvation"--R. E. Lee
"It is not our task to secure the triumph of truth, but merely to fight on
it's behalf."--Blaise Pascal