[b-greek] noun phrase, etc.

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 14 2002 - 20:47:55 EST

Can anyone show me a bullet proof specification for a
"Noun Phrase" in Hellenistic Greek? This is your big chance, MIT grads, show
your stuff.

If not then what you will need to do if you want to be able to locate every
"Noun Phrase" in your electronic GNT is have Dale W. go and tag each "Noun
Phrase" manually. What you will end up with is a list of what Dale decided
were "Noun Phrases." Simple, no? It is going to be a function of your GNT
database, not a function of your search engine.

I seriously doubt that anyone can write a bullet proof specification for the
"Noun Phrase" in Hellenistic Greek. I am certain that no one can write a
bullet proof specification for the predicate.

Natural languages do not submit to tidy little specifications. Nicholas
Wirth didn't design Koine Greek.

cheers,

Clay

--