[b-greek] Re: Genesis 8:3,4 HLOTTTONOUTO

From: Polycarp66@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 00:51:33 EST

In a message dated 3/14/2002 11:55:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Suedaleg@aol.com writes:

I have been reading Genesis in the LXX expanding my vocabulary and
understanding of structure with the help of a couple lexicons. I have come
opun a form which I cannot find in the lexicins though. If anyone could help
enlighten me on this on I will greatly appreciate it. It is HLATTONOUTO. It
looks like aorist middle indicative, but I'm not finding the form or the
possible roots that make sense to me. Could someone give me clue on this?

I would suggest that this is an Attic form of ELASSOW "to become smaller, be
lessened, suffer loss, be depreciated." It is most likely a pf. mid. 3 s.

gfsomsel