[b-greek] Re: noun phrase, etc.

From: c stirling bartholomew (cc.constantine@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 21:07:57 EST

on 3/18/02 5:46 PM, Mark Beatty wrote:

> For my bullet proof specifications, look at my dissertation pages 123 to
> 129 . . . a short answer is "Greek is a head left, complement right,
> specifier left language . . .

Thanks Mark, I am sure that Micheal Palmer could understand what you are
talking about but you are 30 years beyond me. The only Chomsky I ever knew
anything about (very little at that) was the '59-'65 vintage.

Moon was looking for a search engine that could "find" noun phrases and verb
phrases in the GNT, LXX etc. This would require a specification which was
directly convertible into executable code. It would be easy enough to test
since you could just run it against the GNT & LXX and see if it made any
errors.

Thanks,

Good to hear from you again.

Clay